Attention: Trainers, Owners, Transporters
All horses (including pony horses) entering Ruidoso Downs Race Track must be accompanied by the following documentation at the stable gate before they will be permitted to enter the grounds.
1. A copy of certificate of registration for each horse which includes tattoo number. (Original certificate is to be filed with Racing Secretary, along with registration form, within 24 hours of horse’s arrival on association grounds as required by New Mexico Racing Commission Rule 220.127.116.11 (C) (7). A current Health Certificate issued within 72 hours prior to arrival for intra-state transfers (seven (7) days for inter-state transfers) which must include the following:
a. Coggins Certificate
b. Piroplasmosis Certificate (Quarter Horses only)
c. Record of vaccination against EHV-1 not less than 14 days prior and not more than 180 days prior to entry. The date of vaccination, product name, serial number and date of expiration should be provided.
d. Record of vaccination against Equine Influenza (Flu) not less than 14 days prior and not more than 180 days prior to entry. The date of vaccination, product name, serial number and date of expiration should be provided.
e. Eastern and Western Equine Encephalitis, Tetanus, and West Nile not less than 14 days prior and not more than 180 days prior to entry. The date of vaccination, product name, serial number and date of expiration should be provided.
f. Statement (issued by a licensed veterinarian) that the horse was physically examined by that veterinarian within 72 hours of presentation for entry and that the horse exhibited no clinical signs of EHV-1 infection or other infectious disease and that its temperature was normal.
g. Unregistered pony horses shall have a current brand inspection certificate with which to be identified.
h. The horse has not been given any medication that has been shown to reduce the horse’s temperature within the past 24 hours.
2. Horsemen are required to keep every horse admitted to or on the grounds on a current 90 day booster vaccination scheduled with an FDA approved EHV-1 Vaccine and Equine Influenza Vaccine. Evidence of booster vaccination will be required prior to any horse reaching the 90 day deadline.
3. All trainers are required to complete and sign the 2016 Trainers Packet, including current contact information by May 12, 2016.
4. All haul-in horses shall be required to be checked in and remain on the grounds at Ruidoso Downs Race Track a minimum of 24 hours prior to post time for the race in which the horse is entered, during which time they will be examined for any signs of disease and their temperature will be taken twice daily.
5. All horses that are being hauled in strictly for works are required to have all the paperwork listed above.
6. All trainers are expected to follow Biosecurity Procedures set forth by the New Mexico Livestock Board Veterinarian and the New Mexico Racing Commission.
Any individual that is found to be responsible for a horse entering the enclosure of the Ruidoso Downs Race Track that does not conform to these conditions may be ejected from the grounds and not allowed to participate in the race meet.
For any questions regarding this policy please contact Dennis Monroe, Ruidoso Downs Racing Integrity Liaison at 575-378-7263.
Checklist for all horses coming into Ruidoso Downs Race Track
Copy of Certificate of Registration with Tattoo number (if horse has one)
Current Coggins Certificate
Current Piroplasmosis Certificate (QH only)
Current Health Certificate (must be issued from a veterinarian)
Statement from veterinarian
EHV-1 vaccination record
Equine Influenza vaccination record
Eastern and Western Equine Encephalitis, Tetanus and West Nile vaccination records
Brand Inspection certificate (unregistered pony horses only)
2016 Trainer Packet
Registration papers to Racing Secretary within 24 hours